MediaCoder 2011 R10 build 5226 was released last week. It has several minor fixups and updates of encoders and tools. I don’t know if this will be (or not) the last revision of version 2011 as I am preparing for the major update and release of MediaCoder 2012 which will feature:
- XML-layouted images/texts/dynamic data overlay on video (last year I’ve developed a rendering engine for another project and I am going to integrate it into MediaCoder)
- more detailed report on complete of tasks
- fixing the annoying blocking issue on parallel task processing from the root
- better distributed transcoding support
- a new splash screen that I change every year
Because right now I am involed in so much other work (e.g. I am absorbed in Arduino and is about to develop a simulator for it) in addition to MediaCoder development which I have enjoyed and continued for more than 5 years, I just want to make sure the new version 2012 will be out before too many days of year 2012 are passed away. 😉 If you like MediaCoder, please stay tuned with me here on Google+ or on the MediaCoder blog.