For all the encoding nuts, MediaCoder has you covered. Latest version 0.8.52 has improved 10-bit color depth encoding. If you happen to have some 10bpp video contents and a powerful box, you can do some insanely highly quality 10bpp HEVC transcoding with x265 and NVENC (requires Geforce GTX 10XX). Just change “Color Space” option from default I420 to I420 10-bit or I444 10-bit and you are ready to go.
The year 2018 is coming very soon. It will be the 13th year since MediaCoder was born in 2005. Time flies and it is still getting better! Let’s all keep up in the new year.
MediaCoder 0.8.47 comes with native 10-bit pixel depth support. 3 color space options were added:
- I420 10-bit,
- I422 10-bit
- I444 10-bit
Formerly in MediaCoder, 10bpp video content are down scaled to 8bpp for processing. The native 10-bit pixel depth support is ideal for transcoding 10bpp content to 10bpp output. Currently only x264 and NVENC support 10bpp input. When encoding 10bpp H.264, make sure to choose correct profile on x264 tab.
Read the rest of this entry >>
MediaCoder 0.8.46 is released, with support for NVENC 7.0 and Intel MSDK 2016. Try some ultrafast H.264 and HEVC encoding with your cutting-edge GPU! Make sure to update your graphic driver to latest.
MediaCoder 0.8.43 is released with improvements on AviSynth decoding and MXF support as well as new revisions of x264 and x265.
Download latest release here.
MediaCoder 0.8.41 is released with NVENC 6.0. Two-pass encoding can be used with NVENC in MediaCoder now. Simply set video encoder to NVENC and rate mode to Two-Pass and you are ready to go. In advanced settings, you can find new option for 3 types of NVENC’s two-pass mode.
What’s New in NVIDIA Video Codec SDK 6.0
NVIDIA Video Codec SDK 6.0 adds following new features.
- Unified SDK for video encoding and decoding
- Windows 10 official support
- Support for H.264 Motion Estimation only mode
- Support for input surfaces in RGB format
- Support for SEI and VUI fields for H.265
- Support for Adaptive Quantization for improved subjective visual quality with H.265 (adaptive quantization for H.264 is already supported)
- GPUs supported for H.265 (HEVC) encoding
- GeForce GTX 960, GTX 980. GTX Titan X
- Quadro M4000, M5000, M6000
- Tesla M4, M6, M60
- Various quality and performance improvements in encoding
- SDK samples no longer require the CUDA toolkit installed in order to build.
MediaCoder 0.8.37 is released. In this release, the NVENC encoding bitrate control issue in ABR and CQP rate mode, which has been reported by many users who use NVENC to encode H.265/HEVC, is finally fixed. Other updates include upgrade of x264 and x265. MPlayer and MEncoder for x64 have also been updated to latest SVN revision. From this release, MediaCoder is built with Microsoft Visual Studio 2015.