MediaCoder has supported H.264 High 10 Profile (10-bit color depth) encoding since quite a long time ago. However, due to the lack of good and free decoder and player for this profile, I haven’t seriously test with it until today. I encoded a 720p video clip in Hi10P at 1Mbps (really low for HD content) and played the encoded content with VLC 2.0.1. The result is quite impressive.
- Splitting re-implemented in MediaCoder 0.8.25
- Release notes for MediaCoder 0.8.22
- Segmental Video Encoding is coming!
- AudioCoder 0.8.21 released
- Resolution auto adjustment improved
- Release notes for MediaCoder 0.8.21
- H.265 in MediaCoder?
- Release notes for MediaCoder 0.8.20
- Release notes for MediaCoder 0.8.19
- MediaCoder GPU encoding quality improved practically
- 64-bit CUDA encoding breakage in build 5338 fixed
- MediaCoder 0.8.18.5338 comes with improved CUDA-based encoding
Tags5.1 accelerate audio AVCHD AviSynth benchmark bugfix convert cuda demuxer Dirac direct download flv GPU H.264 IDF Intel IPhone IPOD IPOD Classic IPOD Nano JM level media mobile multi-channel open source p2p profile scripting server Shanghai SourceForge statistics streaming thumbnail time-lapse uPnP video Windows Media WMA WMV x264 YouTube