MediaCoder is improving all the time even if the version number keep the same. This time there are some major changes, so let’s increase the number after nearly 10 months. I’ve spent lots of time to prepare the release of 0.7. Let me briefly recall what has been changed.
- New toolbar with new icons and more buttons. The texts on the floating balloon tooltips can be translated.
- New layout of Video, Audio and Container tabs, just trying to make things better organized
- New Sound tab, on that tab, you can adjust channel re-mapping and volume level.
- Remux option, this is to use existing muxers to process result file once again to performing hint or optimization.
- Dual-audio track transcoding. This is done on-the-fly. Two audio tracks are encoded simulatenously, which is good for multi-core processors.
- MP4Creator is included in the distribution
- XULPlayer is included in the distribution. This is an open-source media player (in future it will be a media center) being actively developed by me and my fellows, which is a full functional desktop media player and can be used to compare transcoded content with the original content side-by-side.
- The MediaCoder extensions are about to be replaced by Media Transcoding Platform, which is a site with UI for ease transcoding for devices and specific purposes.
Currently version 0.7 is still marked as rc (release candidate). Please give feedbacks and let’s make it better.