MediaCoder has a built-in media server which is capable of performing on-the-fly transcoding while doing streaming. The latest MediaCoder Audio Edition (build 4150) has improved the audio streaming feature. You can now use MediaCoder as an audio streaming server with powerful transcoding capablity (e.g. FLAC to AAC+) and play the streaming audio with your favorite audio player like Winamp, foobar, WMP etc.
Tag Archive: streaming
Use MediaCoder Audio Edition to do audio streaming with transcoding (Stanley posted on July 25th, 2008 )
Collection of open source P2P video software (Stanley posted on May 2nd, 2008 )
The following is a directory of open source software that can be used for P2P video streaming.
- License – GPL (Open Source)
- Language – Python
- Operating systems – Any platform that supports Python
- Supported multimedia – Windows Media video, NullSoft video, Theora video and Dirac video
TAGS:open source, p2p, streaming, video
How to use MediaCoder to stream out transcoded video (Stanley posted on April 6th, 2008 )
This is a real scenario in which MediaCoder’s built-in media streaming server can be used. The scenario is like this. All my media files are stored on my powerful Intel Core2 desktop PC. Many of them are high-definition video. I have a legacy PC (Celeron 566Mhz/Windows 2000), and a mobile device (XScale 500Mhz/Windows Mobile 5). I want to playback my HD video on these two devices with LAN and WIFI and without taking time to transcode the video into a low-definition file beforehand. I can just use MediaCoder’s new media streaming server feature. Read the rest of this entry >>
Introduction of MediaCoder’s built-in media streaming server (Stanley posted on March 29th, 2008 )
Recently MediaCoder has been equipped with a built-in media server, which is able to stream out media files with real-time transcoding.
What is this feature be used for? There lots of applications for a streaming server, especially one with capability to transcode while streaming. Here I list some typical applications:
- Watch video and listen to music from another PC or any capable device, through LAN/WLAN/Internet etc.
- With real-time transcoding, we can even play all kinds of contents on a less-capable networked device, e.g. PDA and mobile phone, regardless of the audio/video format of the original content and without having to convert its format.
- Preview encoding effects without performing a complete file-to-file transcoding.